We left the house at 9am for our flight. The line for checking in bags was long and security was longer. Luckily we got bags checked and an escort pass for Dave without a problem. Security confiscated my baby sunscreen (8oz) that was half full. They also questioned my children's Benadryl, but they allowed it when I said that was for my son's food allergies and I have to take it. They made Adam take off his Robeez...seriously? After I repacked all my liquids minus the sunscreen and put on everyone's shoes, we were off to the gate to find out it was fuller than full flight. Oh boy I get to travel with a lap baby.
We got in line to board, and they made an announcement that there was a hydrolic leak. We got to sit around for two hours waiting for a replacement plane after they tried to repair it. So we were in the airport for 4 hours before we finally got to board the plane and Dave finally got to go home and have lunch.
G was really excited to fly on the plane this time. Unfortunately he didn't get a window seat because they made me install Adam's carseat in the window so none of us could see out. I had a heck of a time trying to install the thing because I couldn't get to the other side. Every time I tried to tighten the seatbelt it would unlatch. I lost a lot of skin on my forearm shoving my hand through the back of the carseat.
G was surprisingly good on the flight all things considering. A took a sweaty nap on Dave's chest so it was short and he was grumpy. I fed him snacks the whole time while trying to keep G entertained with hot wheels, a sticker book, Aquadoodle, fruit snacks, and Skittles. I think I annoyed everyone around me with my vocal children. Luckily the flight was short and Grandpa met us at the gate when we landed.
G ran up to Grandpa when he saw him and gave him a big hug. A was not so thrilled with seeing the Grandparents. He clung to me and cried when passed off. He had an especially hard time with Grandma.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment